Friday, January 11, 2013

food log 11.01.13

Today's delicious breakfast!
So under doctor's orders, I've taken two days off from work so that I can keep out of the sun and keep my stitches as clean as possible. In the meantime, I've decided that I will be doing some cooking and cleaning in between whilst my stitches rest. 

Look how deliciously green it is!
Today's egg white omelette was a mix of broccoli (just the shavings from the tops), cheese, japanese seaweed flakes, and a dash of cracked black pepper. I put in only about half a tablespoon of oil in the whole pan this time (thank God for non-stick!) and cooked this one over low fire to prevent the result of hard crispy bits (which I know tastes so good, but are terrible on the braces). Especially now that my right cheek is pretty much immobile, brushing the teeth on the right side of my face is a pain, and really scary as I'm afraid I might rupture the stitches or aggravate it that it won't be able to heal well, I'm avoiding hard bits as much as possible! The amount of green in the pan made me VERY happy though. I love eating greens and knowing that I'm putting healthy foods into my system. I finished the plating with a sprinkling of more Japanese seaweed flakes, and a little more cracked black pepper, and voila! A delicious broccoli-seaweed cheese egg white omelette! It would have been interesting to have some corn in there too, but I think that might have been too difficult to eat. Maybe I'll try adding roasted red bell pepper cubes next time. Also note that I didn't put in any salt in today's breakfast; I counted on the cheese to provide enough tasty sodium for the meal, and they did very well to ensure the meal wasn't a disappointment.

Other things I've been eating include these: 

Knorr's Cup Porridge which is seriously SO delicious!
I eat this on days that I'm feeling the sickies or just not up to hard foods.
It's full of MSG though...so... everything in moderation.
I don't know how they did it, but the rice "grains" are so nice and fluffy!
 And yesterday, before my surgery, this was my lunch meal of choice!
Baked rice with fish in white sauce
Yes, I surprised myself too. And yes, it was pretty embarrassing asking the waitress for a teaspoon to eat with (she literally stared at my mouth for a few seconds). The rice was a little hard to eat. And I did get cheesies and rice bits stuck in my braces which were a pain to try to wash out in the toilet after. But it was delicious!

Today I'm going to find some time to finally cook up my quinoa (which I still haven't yet cooked :() and clean my room. I think it's high time I threw out the clothes that no longer fit me. I don't think I'm going back to that size I was two months ago. And any way, it's perfect timing for springcleaning too as it's Chinese New Year season around the corner.

I'm probably going to do a bit more research on scarring and how to really take care of my stitches in the week ahead this afternoon too... I'll probably write a post on it later.

It will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment