Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 29: Just another day...except with more swelling.

Pain Level: 1 - Jaw seems to be not very cooperative with opening and hurts when I try to open them to brush my teeth. 
Swelling: Cheeks seem a lot more swollen today to the point that they are pressing against my teeth inside. I think it was the preserved duck I ate yesterday. :(
Other weirdness: Still getting electrocutey feelings in my numb chin that come once in a while. My eyes are really sensitive to bright sunlight now (maybe because I have been cooped up at home for a while).
Mood: Really tired.

It was a long day of work and getting out for a farewell meal for one of the interns. I walked so much today that I have pretty much drained my body of all it's energy resources.

Apparently the duck I blended for the delicious duck porridge I made yesterday was a type of preserved roasted duck they now sell in Singapore supermarkets. I suppose I should have known that and steered clear, but today I'm facing the consequences - that of an increased swelling of my cheeks today. It's so uncomfortable as the muscles in my cheeks today are so tight and swollen that they are pushing against my teeth and I can barely speak comfortably. I really should have known. I need to be more careful about what I'm putting into my body. It's amazing how sensitive my body now is to MSG and all sorts of preservatives. I guess it's a good time for me to get into the habit of really clean-clean eating.

I missed another meal because of work again today - breakfast this time. I also had a pathetic "lunch" of coconut water. I'm going to have to find a way to have more regular meal times and proper food. 

I'm starting to find myself a little more adventurous with what I put in the blender now...though tonight's blended meal of cooked vegetables (cauliflower, cabbage and carrots) together with a sausage was absolutely revolting.

Okay, I need to wash up and sleep.
Energy today has been completely depleted.

Food Report

Breakfast

1 CalcD tablet.
I didn't have time to eat because I was rushing out for work so I just popped the tablet

Lunch
1/2 cup Coconut water
There was nothing else that I could eat in a random canteen on a work visit. Canned coconut water is disgusting.

Dinner
1 cup banana almond nutella blend (needed a perk-me-up)
1/2 bowl vegetables blended with a sausage (the first taste of sausage was nice, then it all went downhill from there)
1 CalcD tablet

High point of the day

Getting out for a while to walk around a mall for a bit I guess.
Low point of the day
Having my energy drained so quickly just from walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment