Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 34: Food Post! Syringe-friendly food!

Pain Level: 0 - Didn't really feel any pain today. My right cheek is still a little tight which makes smiling a little weird. But I expect it to improve in time.
Swelling: Gone down just a tad I think.
Sleep last night: A little late, but I'm hoping to improve that today.
Other weirdness:  Nothing too weird happened today. That's a good thing I think. :)
Mood: Happy...hopeful to overcome my work slump.

I cooked great foods today and probably ate the biggest meals since the surgery. I've had dessert at both meals and I even had THREE bowls of cous cous tonight (Achievement Unlocked!). Really surprised myself that I had such a good appetite today... but I guess it might have been the rice... or the chocolate. :)

I've been stumped by work for a while and today something just clicked in me to let go of the stress. I'm looking forward to getting back to the office tomorrow... I somehow have not been able to get back. I think I might get back into the swing of things again tomorrow. Hopefully my body and mind will hold up.

Other than that, I think it's cooking that's been giving me some joy. The whole challenge of thinking of creative possibilities that'd fit into my little syringe has been giving me a happy perk. And even better that they taste SO good... so much better than my first weeks of soups, bland meals, and terribly sweet juices. I've been posting a few of them on IG and I was glad that I could encourage some other jaw surgery patients that they could still survive stuck with a syringe. Thought I'd post some of them here too...

Mains...






Desserts & Snacks... 



Food Report

Breakfast

  • 2 bowls Preserved Olive Porridge with Cajun Spices and Paprika (I just love the taste)
  • 1 cup Creamier Lavender and Earl Grey Ice-cream marbled with 2 tbspns of Nutella (It was SO delicious)
  • Supplements: CalcD tablet, Hi-Omega3 capsule, Redoxon (Vit C+Zinc)

Lunch

  • Vitamin B tablet  
Dinner

  • 3 bowls of Mediterranean Cous Cous with paprika (was SO good. Loved it that there were red capsicums in it!)
  • 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 2 teaspoons Nutella (had a chocolate craving)
  • Supplements: CalcD tablet, Hi-Omega3 capsule

High point of the day
Cooking great foods today. Visiting my office for a bit.
Low point of the day
Felt a bit low under the stress of work earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment