Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 42: Ravenous.

Pain Level: 0 - Not that I can really remember.
Swelling: Still there, people say it's going down.
Sleep last night: Terrible. Slept at around 3am.
Other weirdness: A few of my teeth feel a little weird. I've been having a few fainting spells... And I've also recently been RAVENOUS for food.
Mood: Tired.


I know I haven't been posting over the past few days as my energy has seemed to be very sapped. I haven't been sleeping well and somehow I've been very distracted. My strength training regime has pretty much fallen through, and my mind seems to wander a lot nowadays. I've been sleeping at something like 3 or 4 am as I haven't been able to get to sleep, and I haven't been able to get to work as planned. Maybe it's anxiousness, maybe my body is in some weird healing phase, but I'm going to try to get to work early in the morning again tomorrow.

Today marked the day when my appetite totally went out of control! I was constantly hungry and just couldn't think of anything else except food and hunger! I think it has something to do with the sugars I've been taking (ice-cream, nutella, and all sorts of new carbs) and the fact that I've started experimenting eating with a small spoon.

I met up with my aunt and cousin today and we had DIM SUM at Imperial Treasures! I had to bring out my tiny spoon and syringe, and it took me pretty much forever to eat, but it was DELICIOUS! I could only have porridge and soft dumplings, but it was amazing knowing that I could actually have dim sum! The meal made me UBER happy. I can't wait till I can actually eat har gows and the flaky pastries that are oh-so-good. Why is it that it's always the fried crispy things that taste the best? *resigned sigh*

I might have mentioned this before, but I've also been getting a lot of fainting spells...and they seem to be getting worse. Sometime earlier this week, I even collapsed on my knees before my eyes refocused. I told Surgeonman about it at our appointment yesterday and he said that I'm probably borderline anemic, so I'm going to try to take the iron tablets that the blood bank gave me at my autologous, and hope it'd help some... maybe it'd even improve the state of my hair.

I'll have to update Days 39-41 sometime on the weekend. So much happened over the past three days - going for long walks, as well as my appointments with Surgeonman and Orthoman (I have some wires off!) - but I'm a little too tired tonight and all I want to do is sleep now (which is good considering I haven't been getting much rest).

Here's my terrible gluttonous food report for the day...I seriously think it has been the carb-overload giving me these ravenous cravings...argh, I still have 10 kilos more of pre-op weight gain to lose! Go away, plateau!

Food Report
Breakfast (missed because I was rushing out :/)

  • Supplements: HiOmega3, Vitamin B
Lunch (Dim Sum @ Imperial Treasures!!!! All eaten in very small bits with my tiny spoon & syringe. ^^)

  • Half a large Char Siew Pau
  • 1 Chee Cheong Fun Roll
  • 1 Large Dumpling in Soup
  • 1 bowl of Century Egg Porridge
  • Supplements: 1 CalcD tablet

Snack

  • 1 Egg Salad Sandwich (ergh, white bread...)

Dinner:

  • One bowl of carrot and tomato clear soup
  • Half bowl of century egg porridge
  • Something like three morsels of leafy greens I tried to stuff in my little gap between my teeth.
  • ONE CUP of Nutella & Black Sesame with Unsweetened Almond Milk (I don't know why I was totally ravenous for chocolate tonight...I think it's cause my "time of the month" is coming.)
  • Supplements: CalcD, Floron Iron Tablet, Hi-Omega3

No comments:

Post a Comment