Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lethargy

What a season it has been. Over the past three weeks I've experienced one of the busiest Chinese New Year seasons yet.

I didn't touch my bed for a whole week because I was too tired by the end of the day to climb up to my bedroom on the second floor (and just ended up sleeping on the couch). I experienced my first 40-hour work day. I juggled so many things at once. I fell asleep on my desk for the first time. So many of my meals were replaced by festive cookies and tarts...

Gosh, what a season it has been.
And I'm only now starting to recover from it all.

The best part of it all?
I finally found some time in between to clean out and organize a whole ton of my paperwork in my office...and it felt so good.

I suppose life has been whizzing by so fast and I've been struggling to catch up.

Perhaps it's age, and possibly because of the hypothyroid, but I've been exhausted most of my days....if not everyday. It's not quite such a good feeling - that constant tiredness throughout the day, starting from the moment I awake.

Since a year ago, I'd been trying to move toward minimalism - driven by a need to just get rid of as much stuff as possible so I can try to minimize the outflow of energy somehow. Right now it's what I think about a lot - just getting rid of as much stuff as possible.

So much has been on my mind about work and it takes much energy to keep moving forward. New challenges, new people, new state of body to carry me through... It's Valentine's day tomorrow and with it has brought many thoughts too. I don't even know what I'm writing now; the lethargy is disrupting my train of thoughts.

I'm going to stop now. All I'm going to do now is just focus on clearing out my photos or emails in my laptop... at least even in my slightly drained state I should be able to stay productive and make simple decisions as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment